Monday, December 29, 2008

12.27.08 A Beautiful Winter Wedding

As several of you know, I flew up to Utah Christmas night so that I could be there on Bonnie and Ian's wedding day. I stayed with Laurel, who took good care of me, and we safely made it to the Jordan River Temple to watch Bonnie and Ian Gutzman come out all married and stuff.



Despite the large amount of snow that Utah has been receiving lately, I don't remember seeing a single flake fall on Saturday. It was a nice, but freezing, clear day. My oufit and I were among the many who I'm sure were quite appreciative of that. I bet people were thinking that I was crazy, being the only one foolish enough to have open-toed shoes and junk. Or maybe they just figured I was from Arizona, where the weather is reasonable. Anyway, that's all done now.
I was fortunate enough to be invited to the luncheon, where I got to see how much room for improvement Bonnie and Ian have as far as reading each other's minds goes and where I got to hear their loved ones say a little something about them. I got to hear a few good stories and I learned some things about each of them that I hadn't known before. As I listened to people talk about them, I was reminded of what amazing people they are, how fortunate I am to know them, and how especially lucky I was to be able to room with Bonnie for a couple of years. She was a PFS roommate, so Ian is a lucky one. :) After they get back from their honeymoon they're driving to their place in Texas, where they'll stay for a little while until they move to Germany. I'm really gonna miss those two. Bonnie, especially (obviously! I talk about her enough for you guys to know that). She's done more for me than I think she'll ever know.

1 comment:

Rich and Nichole said...

Beautiful pictures! Congratulations to them!