Thursday, March 6, 2014

I've never been more grateful for underwear.

Ok, that was a weird and possibly inappropriate way to begin this post...

I went through the temple for the first time on Saturday. It was pretty much exactly like they tell you it'll be... overwhelming, but in the end really great. I didn't have much time to stop and think about things after we got out of the session since we picked up the kids and went to a late dinner. But I did have time to reflect on the drive home from Albuquerque (I know, I know... who wants Albuquerque on their permanent record??) and over the last few days. I decided that I love my new garments.

I love them because they remind me of the safety and peace and spirit I felt in the temple.
I love them because they remind me of the beautiful covenants I made and the amazing blessings I have been promised if I am true to those covenants.
I love them because they will always be there to remind me of my infinite worth, to comfort me when I am feeling worthless, and to protect me during the times I need protection most. 
I love them because they are a gift given by a loving Heavenly Father.
And let's be real... I love them because they fit like an extension of my skin. Hasta la vista, VPL!

In summary, the Church is true.

1 comment:

Hilary Lemon said...

Woot woot! Yay for you!