Sunday, October 19, 2008

...roommates...

Roommates-- they can make or break your school year. Fortunately for me I have had amazing roommates since freshman year! Here is your chance to familiarize yourself with the newest set.

Roommate #1 and I go way back. I've known her for, like, twenty years. Yup. Tatorschkandorfk. She plays the apartment mom. She cooks and cleans and vocalizes common sense. She also makes little goodie bags and decorates. I especially like the dinners she has ready when I get home from school. :) She makes me feel lazy...


"Big Mama T"
Roommate #2 (Naomi) I have known for a while and lived with since Summer this year. She and Tiffani have known each other for a couple of years and roomed together last year. We had a lot of fun during summer (at least I thought so) but once Fall started she kinda disappeared... we definitely don't see enough of her. :) Oh and she's Asian, and therefore Chinese. Thought I'd throw that in there.
"Chama"
Roommate #3 is Tanisha. She moved in right after Summer and, therefore, lived with us for a few weeks before Fall. She chose to have her own room rather than sharing with me, even though we thought the other two roommates moving in were friends and would want to share a room. But we'll get to that later. When roommate #4 moved in Tanisha was trying to tell her about us all. "...then there's Nikki. Or Neeki--I'm not really sure." Yes. Even after several weeks of living with me she wasn't sure what my name was. She blames our conflicting schedules.
"T"
Roommate #4. What to say about #4. I was sleeping one morning when I heard my door creak open. I was too lazy to look at who it was, but when I finally got up I found that someone had moved into Tanisha's room... instead of mine. But that was okay because T is cool. No one was home so I creepily snuck into the room and found the mystery person's scriptures. The engraving on the front read "Lauren Emily White." I quickly spread the word to Tiffani via text. Anyway, Lauren is quite the character and always a joy to have around. She is pictured here, eating a banana, with a huge spoonful of peanut butter in her hand (typical). What isn't typical about this picture is that she's eating.
"L-Hoe"
Roommate #5 was the biggest deal of them all. You can ask Tiffani--for some reason I was freaking out slightly. I had never had a roommate other than Bonnie (who is pretty much impossible to top, although I'd say Nancy is pretty close :P) and I just knew that my room-roommate would make or break my year. She made the situation worse by waiting until the last minute to move in. It didn't help that I slept at Grandma's the night she moved in--I had to wait even longer! Tiffani did manage to sneak a picture of her... Anyway. I came home the night before classes started and I was shocked by what I saw in my room. The first thing was a floral-print grandma-style scripture case. I was horrified. Immediately I took a picture on my phone and sent it to my parents, brother and my roommates from last year. The next thing I saw was also... shocking... the comforter. It was this shiny, seventies-looking thing (or so I thought). I found out later that it's as slippery as it looks, since it ends up on the floor almost every night. I went about my night, prepping for school and bed. Still no mysterious roommate. I went to sleep and a few hours later heard someone sneaking into the room and getting ready for bed. After fighting myself over it, I awkwardly said "I don't mean to be awkward, but hi." Turns out my new roommate is Nancy (what's with the names of my roommates? Bonnie? Nancy? not so typical). We talked for a couple hours then went to sleep. We've been inseparable ever since. Or something like that. :) She's fabulous and hilarious. I knew the poster was a good idea. Oh yeah! The poster. So we were asking Lauren and Tanisha why they didn't want to room with me and chose the other room instead. Their answer was the same: the poster of the Joker over the head of my bed. Turns out it made Nancy afraid to meet me, too, but now they all know that deep down I'm not all gothic and hard core scary.
"Fancy Pants"
What a great group of girls (although it lacks an Asian).

No comments: